2012年1月24日火曜日

oil cloth tote & pouches

oil cloth tote
I made my new tote bag from oil cloth.
I had to challenge a few technique. I still need to practice to finish completely.




I added the zipper and pocket.

I purchased this beautiful flower oil cloth in Japan a few years ago.
I just store it in fold... so you can see the wrinkles. I could not remove them..
Never store the oil cloth in fold. This is one of things what I learned.

However I used the larger size needle, some part is still difficult to sew!!
I thought my machine was going to be broken.


Here is the part which I couldn't sew. So I skipped the stitch on the zipper area.
My machine doesn't have a power, so I am not sure if I can make the tote in this design in the future.


I had this fabric about 50cm. (little longer than half yard)
I could make two other pouches from left over.


I love these two pouches, especially larger size!
The size 8"x 5.5"x 2.5".  2.5" deep gave the pouch really roomy.
I should try to make the pouch in this size for my shop in the future.
Also, I used almost all fabric from this project which makes me feel good!

This medium size tote is also made from oil cloth.
Actually I made this one first. I did not notice when I was making, however this oil cloth (matt finish) is thicker than the flower print. Which means it is tough to sew on the ticker part...

I finally finished to make the tote, but not perfectly. This is for my son, probably lessen tote someday?



I think oil cloth is very useful fabric. I want to learn more how to use it!

0 件のコメント: