2011年3月28日月曜日

new valance(curtain)



before

Here is the valance which previous owner left to the window in the laundry room.



It is ok. But it is not just my taste.
There are more valance or curtain in my house that I'd like to change.
So, I decided to change from the laundry room!
Because laundry room is the best place for the practice. ( for the beginner like me)
If I mess up, it is still the room which probably only family could see. (not my friend and guest :D)


After
I quickly made this one from the Amy Butler's fabric.

I purchased this fabric for a long time ago. ( I even don't remember.)
I wanted something big pattern instead of solid fabric for the window.


I made if from half yard fabric. I had to cut top and bottom to make the pattern straight.
However , the wide is 44".(no cut)
Previous valance is more longer, so it make the gather look.
New valance is the straight look. I love it!


I sew the side first, then bottom and top. Very easy.
I just used only one layer. (just this fabric.)
If you want the valance looks more rich, I recommended to use thick (like home decor) fabric or add the liner to the other side.

For me, this is ok for the laundry room and kid's room.


This is the pole which I used. (previous owner used the same one)
It is about 1/2" wide pole. My pocket side is 2" for the 1/2" pole.

Oh, here is the another look.


I found the another pole. Actually I don't use it. But it help you to imagine how it look like if I use the different pole.

What is my next project???  ;D

0 件のコメント: