A whole days ago, I received a email from one of my customer if I could sell this pattern or not.
I have been thinking to make the pattern and tutorial for some time.
To make the bag is not difficult, if you have sewing experience.
So here is the result tutorial!! (This is the tutorial in English! This is not easy for me. It makes me crazy!!)
First I though about selling the pattern and tutorial on my Etsy store. However, I changed my mind.
Instead of selling it, I decided to share the tutorial HERE on my blog!!
I would like to ask please respect the following rules :
- for personal use only.
- this is not intended for commercial use.
- do not sell the copy of tutorial.
All right! Now we are ready to go!
First of all, the figure which shown the below is a basic rule to make azuma bukuro bag.
- The total width length is always 3 times more than the one of the height. Then please add your seam allowance around the rectangular. ( my seam allowance is 1/2")- sew 1 and 2 , 5 and 6 right side together. ( This process make the shape of the bag).
Ok, I will show you the process step by step. :)
1. prepare your fabric by follow the basic rule.
|size small: 12" x 36" plus seam allowance |
size medium: 14" x 42" plus seam allowance
size large: 17" x 51" plus seam allowance
2. sew all 4 edges around the fabric (4 edges), just like that.
|sew all the edges around of the fabric. |
3. Fold one side.
4. and fold another side to make sure you have an even square.
|just like that!|
|This means sew 1 and 2 together |
|stitch here just right next to the seam|
6. Pick up your bag, you are going to be surprised! WOW! It is the "azuma bukuro bag" !!
Basically, this is how to make the azuma bukuro bag. That is it! Super very easy. :)
From here, I am going to show you the optional process to make the bag strong.
7. press the seam to the one side.
|This is the view from right side |
8. machine stitch on the right side
Probably you can not sew by the end of the corner. But it is fine.
Sew as much as you can!
9. sew the corner. I sew 3"- 4" for the size small and medium.
10. Turn to the right side!
Yeah!! You made it!!
If you wish to make your bag two pattern. Prepare your fabric just like the figure below.
|always follow the basic rule: width = A x 3 |
-The bag made from this tutorial is slightly different from the one I made for my shop.
But I think this is more easy to show the people how to make the bag.
-However, you can make the bag reversible, I recommend to choose a fabric that is not too thick.
Because if the fabric is thick, it will be difficult to tie the knot.
If you make the bag, let me know! I'd like to hear what you think.
If you leave the comment, I really appreciate it.
Also if you leave your link, I am happy to visit your blog!
Thank you everyone!
Have a happy sewing.