2010年12月8日水曜日

Christmas table runner

table runner
This is the Christmas table runner which I finished last week.
I know my quilting technique is not perfect.  Especially when I make a larger project.
So this table runner is good size for me to practice.


I thought just one layer of batting would be too thin. So I used double.
Ahhhh....  It was difficult for me to quilt because of the thickness. (In addition my machine is not the type to quilt a lot. Its just a regular home sewing machine.)

But finally I finished the quilting. Not so bad, probably. :)

I have to test how it will look like after several washing;  However I do not have any problems with this quilt so far. :)


This is the other side. This fabric is from cosmo cricket early bird collection. I love it. very cute!!!


This is the corner. I think my binding is ok. It doesn't look so bad.

I am thinking to challenge more quilt next year. We will see.....

3 件のコメント:

Wendy さんのコメント...

I think it looks great. I've asked for a free motion foot for christmas so I can have a go at quilting too - a table runner is a good place to start. I also only have a normal sewing machine, what kind of foot did you use?

Kelly O. さんのコメント...

that binding is PERFECT!

cocostitch さんのコメント...

Thank you ladies for your comments.
My machine is brother. I use the regular food called "J". I know there are some foot for expecially for quilting. I should buy it for the larger project someday!